Thursday, February 2, 2017

Retro Rubber "Cross My Heart" Challenge

This card was made especially for Retro Rubber's "Cross My Heart" Challenge (RRCB55).
I do love so many of my retro stamps, but when I saw this challenge I realized I didn't have any hearts. We moved a few years ago, and sadly I sold a lot of my stamping supplies. Anyway, this set is one of my favorites, and I'm glad I was able to create a card containing a heart, even though I didn't have a heart stamp! Here's the supply list: Stampin' Up! Flower Fancy (2009) Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday Everyone (2015) Memento Inks: Angel Pink, Rose Bud, Lulu Lavender, New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves SU! Ink: Wisteria Wonder Tombow Markers: 055 & 133 Ranger Glossy Accents Ranger Stickles in Star Dust SU! Dimensionals Thanks so much to everyone over at Retro Rubber for a great challenge!

9 comments:

  1. What an incredible work around of not having a heart stamp available. Beautiful coloring and layering of the flowers! Thank you for playing along at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy your site so much and need to play more often! Thanks for the compliments!

      Delete
  2. I love your creative approach to including a heart for the challenge. I had the same problem actually. Beautiful colouring, lovely layering and a wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I love challenges so much! Thanks for your kind words Jan!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this card is perfect for our challenge. Sometimes we have to think out of the box when we don't have something. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the soft colors and dimension. What a creative idea to construct a heart! Thanks so much for doing the RR challenge!❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, what a lovely way to create a heart! Thanks so much for thinking out of the box to create a heart for our challenge. Hope to see you in our gallery often!

    ReplyDelete