Monday, September 19, 2016

Retro Rubber & Sunday Stamps Challenges



Once again I've created a unique card that I would have never made without the help of challenges!

When I saw this color combo called 'Happy Colors' (SSC135) on Sunday Stamps, I instantly loved it. How fun to put a pop of pink in the mix. My first thought was "flowers." And I love Retro Rubber Challenges because I have so many great older stamps that I still love to use. Challenge #47 was 'Anything Goes" so combining the two I came up with this card.

I used a ton of different inks:

SU! Bermuda Bay
SU! Island Indigo
SU! Pacific Point
SU! Tempting Turquoise
Memento Bahama Blue
Memento Teal Zeal
Memento Dandelion
Papertrey Aqua Mist
Papertrey Hawaiian Shores


The flowers are from Stamping' Up!' called Flower Fancy. The set dates back to 2008.

The sentiment is from Avery Elle.

13 comments:

  1. i think my favorite kinds of cards are the ones we wouldn't have made without the "push" of a challenge or two... and your gorgeous card right here definitely proves my point! absolutely love the way you've combined the colors (plus PINK!) with those beautiful hand-drawn-looking flowers! outstanding and a great addition to the Retro Rubber Challenge gallery this week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbie! I agree with Lauren! I am hooked on challenges because they do get me out of my normal crafting box! Your card is beautiful and the end result looks like a flower should - dark and light areas! And your pop of pink is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is sooo lovely! I just adore the color combo! Thanks for the crafty inspiration! Thanks for doing the RR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun - I love the idea of loving your older stamps! You did a great job incorporating the challenge colors into your card. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbie, I love to use all my older stamps, too! I have a hard time letting go of them. This card is so fun! Love how you used the colors. So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors for your fun birthday flowers! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your flowers and how you used the colors for the challenge, great job!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete