Thursday, August 4, 2016

Retro Rubber Challenge 44



Challenge #44 (RRCB44) over at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog was to use Lime Green, Aqua Blue and a Neutral. I don't think that my Cucumber Crush is exactly Lime Green, but it's close. The other color is Temping Turquoise, both from Stampin' Up!

This card is made using a basketweave technique. The basket strips are made using Stampin' Up!'s Paisley Party Wheel, which was featured in the Holiday 2010 catalog. In order to give it more depth, I used Stampin' Up's Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from Close To My Heart's C1257 Happy Birthday Set. It's from 2009.

The flowers and brad are from Michaels. Base card stock is Temping Turquoise from Stampin' Up!

Thanks again to the girls over at Retro Rubber for helping me pull out some older stamps. I love wheels, but haven't used them in quite a while.

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely - those woven strips are a brilliant idea! I used to have a wheel but never got on with it. I certainly never made anything as gorgeous as this with it!
    Jane GDT at Retro Rubber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie, the wheel really lent itself to the basket layering of your background panels... what fun! I still have my old SU wheels that I need to pull out so thanks for the reminder! Sweet flower detail. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week. Looking forward to seeing you in our gallery often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katy! I do need to participate more in your challenges. I love the idea of using older stamps. I have so many favorites. I plan on being back again soon!

      Delete
  3. Barbie that basket weave is gorgeous! I need to try this technique. Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers Barbie that paisley basket weave is superb!! Great card Thanks for playing with us this week at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barbie! What a lovely card! I am impressed at your patience to weave papers. I tried that once - once and gave up! I am really glad you broke out a super old tool with the wheels! Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love your basket weave card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber.

    ReplyDelete