Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lighthouse Card Challenge

This card challenge came at another perfect time-my husband asked just this week if I could make a card for a co-worker's birthday. The challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges was to use a lighthouse in honor of National Lighthouse Day, which was on August 7.

Since I didn't have a lighthouse stamp, I chose a digital one over at Cornish Heritage Farms. I really need to spend some more time at their site checking out more of their great of their digis, especially since I just bought even more Copics!

After coloring the image, I cut it and mounted it on Cherry Cobbler CS, then Tip Top Taupe CS, then on black. The diamond design down the side is a die cut from Sizzix Border Set #559200.

It still looked a little bare, so I added the small dots using SU! Background Basics. The sentiment is from CTMH.

My hubby really liked the card, and hopefully the recipient will too!

2 comments:

  1. This is terrific -- I like the "small dots", they bring the ground out onto the card.

    ReplyDelete