Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fab Friday Challenge 68

Over at Fab Friday the challenge this week was to use the following sketch:

I knew I had just the right flower, but I had to make the card a little bigger than usual to fit it all in. I made this one an A6, which is 4.5 x 6.5, perfect for a card for a really special friend. The supplies I used are:

SU! Soft Suede Card Stock
SU! Early Espresso Card Stock
Paper-Papers Speckled Card Stock
SU! Hardwood Background Stamp
MFT Chalkboard Greetings
1950's Doily (Yard Sale Find)
Misc. Flower (from Michael's)
Mini Flowers (from Hobby Lobby)

Thanks, Fab Friday for inspiring me to make the following creation, and having to use my envelope maker for this larger card will make mailing this extra special!








5 comments:

  1. The recipient will be so pleased to open this extra-special card, Barbie! The doily is perfect to set off the bold sentiment and pretty flowers. Thanks so much for joining in to play at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanukes so much Cindy! I really enjoyed the challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbie,
    Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my cards! I used the first technique by Jen McGuire in this video for my butterfly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uifKQp_sBpY&list=PL06OsZNDFnIHmQ1NWH2u30ScOc7GXS_BD&index=2

    I hope this helps...if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let me know :)

    Love your monochromatic card! Such a lovely take on the sketch and your flowers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barb! I've had a little wander around your blog and your cards are fab! Thank you for your lovely comments on mine. I sent you a reply Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! It's always fun to get great ideas from each other!

      Delete