Friday, July 24, 2015

Two Challenges In One!

This is my first attempt at making one card for two challenges!

The challenge #68 over at Addicted to CAS was to use chevrons. And while I don't have a chevron stamp, this paper was perfect.

The second,  Challenge #134 over at CAS Colours and Sketches was the following sketch, which I just love:

The paper for the flower is all Stampin' Up! The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Sweet Birthday set. The die set is Sizzix #557690 called Flower Layers and Leaves.

And the sequins were a great deal at fifty cents for a whole little bag from Walmart.

Thanks to both CAS Colours and Sketches and Addicted to CAS for a two great challenges! You really keep the creativity flowing!

12 comments:

  1. Super card, loving the oversized flower in place of the heart and the background chevrons showcase it really well. Thanks for playing at CC&S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane! I really enjoyed the challenge.

      Delete
  2. A striking and colourful take on the chevron challenge Barbie.
    Great choice of BG. Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATCAS challenge.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card, thanks for taking the time to join us at ATCAS for our chevron challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab card Barbie! I love all the texture on your card, both physical and visual!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-Colours and Sketches this week :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with my teammate Lizy - all the texture is fabulous! Thanks for sharing your bright and cheery card with us at CC&S! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely textures on your card Barbie. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this last week. Stef x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Skylark! I always appriciate such nice comments!

      Delete