Thursday, June 18, 2015

New Challenge In Town!



I've been following Justin Krieger on Pinterest, and I just found out he has a new challenge page called Stamp Ink Paper. His first challenge is Getting to Know You, and I've created this card for that challenge.

We were to simply use things we like! So I used Everything Eleanor by Stampin' Up! because I love flowers and flourishes. (I love just about every set that SU makes, but had to start somewhere!) I love framed cards, so I've done a double one here. I love speckled paper (I wish SU still sold that) so I used Speckletone True White Card Stock available at Paper-Papers, along with the matching envelopes. Sometimes t's nice to use card stock with a little interest rather than just white.

My favorite birthday set is from My Sentiments Exactly. It's called Inspirational Birthday Innies & Outies. I love the set because it mentions God, and I make a lot of cards for my church. Not always knowing what to say to someone I don't know, it's nice to have a pre-printed sentiment on the inside. Each set of wishes is in a different font, so I have a lot of variety on hand. I use this set several times a week.

The inks are from Memento, because I love the small teardrop size (similar to the old SU Spots, another product that I wish they would bring back!). I can have 6 open on my small desk and they don't take up much space. The yellow in the flowers are colored with a Copic Marker. The little "brads" are Stamin' Up! Candy Dots.

I don't like to make mistakes, but frequently they make my cards look better. The bird didn't stamp well on his head, so I used a black Sharpie to dot an eye on him. Looking at it now thought, it looks realistic with his head being a little lighter than his body.

Frequently I find that cards don't turn out exactly like I plan in the beginning. After making the whole thing, I felt the sentiment label needed something more, so I added some ink-drawn stitches. Now I wished I had used a dauber around the edges and just made it darker, but it's fine.

Matching envelopes are almost always a part of my stamping too, and this is no exception. Another mistake thought, I stamped this upside down, so it looks a little funny to me, but I'll keep that too!

Lastly, as my blog says, I'm an evening stamper, at least for now. This card was made between midnight and 1:00 a.m. That's my "ahhhh" time.

Usually my posts aren't this long, but it was a fun challenge! I look forward to seeing everyone else's cards and getting to know them better too. And thanks Justin for putting this challenge together!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous card and I love the matching envelope! Thanks so much for joining us at www.stampinkpaper.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tina! I love your new site!

      Delete
  2. Simply beautiful and the envelope is icing on the cake! I'm so glad you shared your talent with us at Stamp Ink Paper for our first card challenge. I look forward to seeing many more of your gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you too Maggie! I do plan on joining you for many more challenges!

      Delete